Loudon Agriculture Commission Meeting Minutes
June 2, 2016
- Chris D Koufos – 2016 President
- Doug Towle – 2018 Vice President
- Carole Soule – 2017 Secretary
- Cindy Shea – 2016 Member
- Bruce Dawson – 2017 - Member
Doug Towle, Carole Soule, Bruce Dawson
Absent: Chris D. Koufos, Cindy Shea
Meeting called to order at 7:23 PM
- Minutes from the May 5, 2016 meeting were accepted.
- Tess Dyer Duck Raising workshop on May 22, 2016 was a success.
- Kay Doyon chicken processing workshop is scheduled for June 11, Sat from 10am-2pm. Six participants are signed up. Carole will continue to promote on social media and will send Kay attendance figures on Monday, June 6.
- A Sept workshop is planned with the Beginning Farmers chicken trailer training. Carole is in touch with the Small and Beginning Farmers Organization regarding availability of trainers and the trailer. Workshop is planned for end of Sept or Beginning of Oct.
- Chris Koufos will continue to investigate a solar workshop
- Website training to be scheduled
- Grants and fund raising.
- The NH Dept of Ag Mini-grant paperwork still pending. Bruce Dawson was approved to sign required paperwork with Carole Soule.
- Cindy to follow up on Bank of NH grant request
- Carole to send another newsletter including information about the Chicken Processing workshop
- No Master Plan update
- Farm mediations – no new information
Meeting was adjourned at 7:50 pm.