- Chris D Koufos – 2016 President
- Doug Towle – 2018 Vice President
- Carole Soule – 2017 Secretary
- Cindy Shea – 2016 Member
- Bruce Dawson – 2017 - Member
- Chris D. Koufos, Cindy Shea, Carole Soule
- Absent: Bruce Dawson, Doug Towle
Meeting called to order at 7PM
- Minutes from the March 3, 2016 meeting were accepted.
- Workshops Tess Dyer offered to conduct a Duck Raising workshop on May 22, 2016, Sunday at 2pm at the Community Building. TessaTurtle@comcast.net Kay Doyan confirmed the chicken processing workshop for June 11, Sat from 10am-2pm. Space for 12 participants and 12 “watchers” is available. Children are not allowed. The board will publicize in the Ledger on on the Ag Commission website and newsletter.
A Sept workshop is planned with the Beginning Farmers chicken trailer training. Carole will work out details now that we have a grant to help pay for the workshop.
- Carole will send out a newsletter with a link to Cindy's article and include information about the two planned workshops
- Grants and fund raising.
- The NH Dept of Ag Mini-grant was approved. These funds will help pay for community workshops.
- The “Hands On Chicken Processing Workshop” will be June 11th. The secretary will set up a Constant Contact registration form for participants. Payment will be by check sent to Cindy Shea who will document payments and give the funds to the Town for disbursement. The workshop will be publicized in the Loudon Ledger and through the Ag Commission newsletter.
- Chris Koufos will continue to investigate a solar workshop
- Town meeting survey results indicated interest in workshops about: Cooking, Food Canning, Solar, Food Waste, Backyard Gardening, Fruit Trees
- Chris will follow up on the Town's Master Plan
- We will draft a letter about a controversy about farming on Rt. 129.
Meeting was adjourned at 8:07pm.