Monday, December 13th, 2010, Loudon Community Building- Charlie’s Barn, 7:00 PM
Board Members Present: Bruce Dawson, Earl Tuson, Alice Tuson, Carole Soule, Larry Moore, Melissa Moore
- No meeting last month, so no prior minutes to accept.
- Bruce moved to accept Alice Tuson as a board member, Carole seconded. Passed with no objections.
- There was a discussion about the Harvest Dinner; everyone agreed that it was a success. A thank-you letter should be written and sent to the Recreation Committee, Selectman, and Loudon Ledger. Carole will do this.
- It was discussed that no Ag Commission meetings should occur between June and September, inclusive (except for special meetings). This was because its the busy season for farmers, of which all on the board are.
- The Ag Commission sold the flowers donated by Cole Growers for Loudon Old Home Day (LOHD), and netted $52. Carole suggested this money be spent to cover the cost of printing the farm maps. All agreed.
- A discussion ensued about doing LOHD again, and the alternatives were:
- Harvest Dinner.
- Loudon Business Association.
No decision was reached.
- There was a discussion around Melissa Minery's maps, and the NH Mini Promotional Grant. Carole moved to apply for the NH Mini Promotional Grant. Melissa seconded it; no Nays. Motion passed.
- Bruce moved to not do Loudon Old Home Days in 2011. Carole seconded. There were no nays.
- There was a discussion of having speakers at future meetings. Possibilities were:
- Jeff Holmes of NH Farm Bureau.
- Bureau of Weights and Measures.
- Someone to talk about stone walls (John Corelle?).
We should have a speaker in January and February. The NH Humanities Council has speakers. Melissa will investigate further.
- Bruce will scan in Melissa Minery's map.
- Earl moved to adjourn the meeting at 7:50pm. Melissa seconded.