Loudon Agricultural Commission
Minutes of May 3, 2018
Members: President: Doug Towle, Vice-President: Carole Soule, Secretary: Bruce Dawson, Treasurer: Cindy Shea
Attendees: Colin Cabot (host), Doug Towle, Carole Soule, Bruce Dawson, Cindy Shea, Roger Maxfield, Bruce Maxfield,
Called to order at 6:59 pm (after a tour of the campus of Sanborn Mills Farm).
- The minutes of April 5, 2018 were accepted as amended.
- The treasurer reported that we had $1672.13 in our town account (confirmed by Brenda Pearl at the town's office). This amount does not include the $1000 from the NH Department of Agriculture Mini-Grant.
- Workshops - We will do the October 6, 2018 workshops regardless of the grants. There was a lot of attendance the last time we did this.
- Fund Raising
- The group acknowledged that our primary funding comes from grants.
- The group passed a resolution to allow Doug and Bruce as authorized signers for the NH Dept. of Ag. Mini-Grant.
- Web Site and Social Media - Bruce indicated that secure access (https://) works for loudonag.org, but not for www.loudonag.org; he is working on this.
- Newsletter - Carole produced at least one newsletter in April, and will produce one in May.
- Farm Map and Outreach - Cindy will write up something and Carole will send it out in the Newsletter. Bruce will create an interactive map with some historical links.
- Filing/Mail/Other Old Business - none.
- 2023 is the 150th anniversary of the town of Loudon. As farmers, we may want to contribute in some way.
The meeting was adjourned at 7:59pm.