Loudon Agriculture Commission
Minutes of December 7, 2017
Doug Towle: President
Chris Koufos: Vice-President
Bruce Dawson: Secretary
Cindy Shea: Treasurer
Attendees: Bruce Dawson, Cindy Shea, Carole Soule, Doug Towle
Called to order at 7:04 pm
- The minutes from the November 2, 2017 meeting were approved as amended.
- Treasurer's report: There was no financial activity this past month.
- Workshops for 2018
- All workshop activities will be deferred to January 2018.
- Grants and Fund Raising
- Reviewed the NH Ag Development Grant report and it will be submitted by Carole.
- Websites and Social Media -
- Things were significantly quieter this past month.
- Carole asked about sending out a note about "Websites for Farmers and Small Businesses" meeting at the Chichester Library. We agreed she could. Carole indicated we might be interested in a series of Farmer Geek workshops.
- Cindy suggested we post an article about a one-time Farmer Market on December 14, sponsored by MCCD.
- The Master Plan / Planning Board - No report. This will be dropped from the agenda in future meetings since there has been no activity in a year.
- The Loudon Ledger/Farm Map - the new one is in the current Loudon Ledger.
- Doug purchased a filing cabinet at an estate sale for $20.
- Its now in Charlie's Barn.
- The President and Secretary will have the keys to it.
- Doug will send an invoice for his expense to Cindy.
- Bruce will create the following folders and fill them: Minutes, Grants, Mail/E-Mail, others as needed.
- Other Old Business - None
- Discussed Paul Branscombe's request to present a group-insurance idea for farmers at a meeting. We don't think there will be enough people to be worth his while, so Cindy will send him a note. We can let our people know about his presentation.
- We discussed additional meeting venues: Maxwell Library, and Sanborn Farms.
- Elect new officers:
- President: Doug Towle
- Vice-President: Carole Soule
- Treasurer: Cindy Shea
- Secretary: Bruce Dawson
- Carole will write up the annual Town Report for the commission.
The meeting was adjourned at 7:46 pm.