Loudon Agriculture Commission
Minutes Dec 1, 2016
Chris D Koufos – 2016 President
Doug Towle – 2018 Vice President
Carole Soule – 2017 Secretary
Cindy Shea – 2016 Member
Bruce Dawson – 2017 – Member
Kay Doyon – 2019 – Alternate
Attendees: Kay Doyon, Carole Soule, Cindy Shea, Doug Towle, Bruce Dawson
Meeting called to order at 7:05 PM
- Minutes from the Nov 3, 2016 meeting were accepted with corrections.
- Soule moved, Dawson seconded and it was approved to pay Cindy Shea's receipts when grant money is received.
- The Final report for the NH Mini Grant will be submitted by Soule before the Dec 30th deadline.
- In January the board will review the suggested list of possible workshops. It was agreed that the board should contact the NH Small and Beginner Farmers for workshops including how to use freeze dryers. Other workshops might include Fish and Game presentations on predators. Other ideas are making your own flour, growing grapes.
- Grants and fund raising
- We should look at the NEFF grant opportunity again as well as consider the NH Mini Grant again. It was suggested that a chicken raffle might be a good fund raiser.
- Website and Social Media
- It was suggested that we list the County Extension farm equipment that is available for rent on the website. Dawson has done website updates.
- A recap for 2016 for the Town Report is needed. Shea offered to write the review.
- Master Plan / Planning Board - No updates; tabled for this session.
- Loudon Ledger
- Two possible farms should be contacted to be included in the farm list: Red Gate Farm and a farm on Bee Hole Rd. Dawson thought there was a farm on Upper City Rd that might be included.
- Other Old Business – it was decided to ask for donations at our scheduled workshops.
- The following officers were elected:
- President: Doug Towle
- Vice President: Chris Koufos
- Secretary: Bruce Dawson
- Treasurer: Cindy Shea
Meeting adjourned at 8 pm